Sunday, February 5, 2017

Practice pays off

I love Super Mario 64, ok? And yesterday I posted that I was discouraged in 16 star and that I couldn't pb. But today I was motivated. I had to do it. I trued once. Reset. Tried twice. Reset. Second try. Horrible run and reset. Third try. 27:30. Yes, you heard correctly I pbd by 3 whole minutes which isn't exacaly easy at this point. Sure I pbd by 20 minutes on my second run ever but they were terrible. I had nearly perfect execution of my strata for me. May look sloppy to Siglemic (former Mario 64 speedrunner) but I felt good. I played it safe where I could and I only had one death in hazy maze cave. I got the owl star first try. I got wallkicks will work first try. I got the penguin first try. Second try mips clip (mips is a rabbit I use to glitch through a door) beautiful bljs (backwards long jumps) and pretty dang good bowser throws for me. I am happy with this run. I will take a break from sm64. I'll get new strats and come back stronger than ever. I am a warrior with a controller.

No comments:

Post a Comment